Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2019

You Are So Beautiful


I’ve mentioned this before, but this may be my favorite time of year.  Not because school is starting--if I had kids that might be the reason, but I don’t.  No, the reason this is my favorite time of year is because the sunflowers are in bloom!

Maybe, if you’ve lived around here a long time, the sunflowers blooming is not a big deal to you.  But I’ve only lived here a little more than eight years.  I grew up on a farm, but it was in the southern part of South Dakota, and we never raised sunflowers.  I still don’t think they grow much sunflowers down there.  They raised a few sunflowers in the Wessington Springs area while we were there, but not that many.  And of course, when we lived in the Sioux City area we didn’t see sunflowers.

So, when we came here, I was amazed at all the fields of sunflowers.  And more than that, I was amazed at their beauty.  I still am.  When the sunflowers are first in bloom, the greens and golds are so beautiful that I temporarily forget that those are the colors of the Green Bay Packers.  I full field of sunflowers in bloom is still one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.

To me, beauty like that is proof that God loves us.  Because, you know God wouldn’t have had to make sunflowers to be so beautiful.  God wouldn’t have had to make sunflowers at all, of course, but if God felt they were necessary God could’ve made them be dull brown or grey or something.  But instead, God made them to be beautiful.  God did that just for us, so that you and I could enjoy their beauty.  God did that because God loves us.

And you know what else God made to be beautiful?  You.  And me.  Maybe you don’t feel beautiful.  I know I don’t.  But you are, and so am I.  We are in God’s eyes, anyway.  God made you and me to be beautiful, because God loves us.

So if you ever think you’re not beautiful, go take a look at a field of sunflowers.  If the sunflowers are out of season, go take a look at some other part of nature’s beauty.  And remember that the same God who created that beauty created you.  And then remember that you were created to be just as beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment