Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Busy Signal


            The next few weeks are going to be fairly busy for me.  I go to Lake Poinsett for meetings Thursday and Friday.  I have a wedding next weekend and another wedding the week after that.  Then comes annual conference, at which (hopefully) I’ll be getting ordained.  Then, I need to get ready for a new Wednesday night worship service we’re starting in Gettysburg over the summer.  Also, we’re having VBS in mid-June, and while I’m not directly involved in that, I still need to be there as much as I can be.  There’s a lot going on.
            
            I don’t mean that to sound like a complaint, because it’s not.  For one thing, everybody, no matter what they do, has times when they get busy.  For another thing, I enjoy being busy.  I like having a lot of stuff going on and a lot of stuff to do.  A pastor who cannot find something to do is probably the pastor of a church that is not doing much.  I love the things I do, and I’m not at all upset that there’s a lot of it right now.
            
            The thing is, as I’ve explained before, that when I get busy, I have to set priorities.  I have to distinguish among the things I have to get done, the things I really should get done, and the things I’d like to get done.  This blog, unfortunately, falls into the last category.  I pretty much have to get the Sunday service planned every week; there will be serious consequences if I don’t.  I pretty much have to get things organized for those two weddings; if I don’t there will be a lot of upset people.
            
            If I miss a week or two of this blog, though, nothing much happens.  Perhaps a few people are disappointed, perhaps not, but if so that’s the extent of it.  This blog is something I like to do, not something I have to do.  So, when I get busy, it tends to get a lower priority.
           
            All of which is to let you know that there may not be as much activity here for the next few weeks as there usually is.  I’ll still write when I can, but that may not be as often as it normal.  I’ll still provide the texts of sermons, but there may not be a lot more than that.  I hope there will be, but there might not.
            
            So, if you check back here and don’t see anything new, don’t worry.  Nothing’s happened to me, and I haven’t abandoned my blog.  Eventually, things will get slower, and I’ll get back to writing more again.
            
            In the mean time, I’ll be having fun doing other things.  I hope you will be, too.  God does want us to enjoy life, after all.  That’s not to say everything in life will be fun, but it would be a pretty mean God who’d give us the gift of life and then not want us to enjoy it.  That would not be a God very many people would want to worship.
            
            Before too long, things will slow down, and I’ll be back here writing about whatever it occurs to me to write about.  Until then, you take care of yourselves, I’ll take care of myself, and God will be taking care of all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment