Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2020

Pray and Let Go

The other night I had something on my mind.  What it was is not important.  But it was bothering me.  I went to bed, and it was still bothering me.  I prayed about it, but it was still bothering me.  I wasn’t sleeping very well.  I’d fall asleep, kind of, but not into a deep sleep, and in a little while I’d wake up.  And when I woke up, I’d start thinking about and praying about the situation again.

After a couple of hours, a thought occurred to me.  I thought, “Why am I worrying so much about this?  I’ve prayed about it.  I know God heard my prayer.  I know God will answer my prayer, in God’s way and at God’s time.  So what am I worried about?” 

And almost immediately, I felt better.  Before long I went back to sleep, and this time it was a deep sleep.  I stayed asleep for quite some time.  I had peace, because I was trusting God to handle the situation, rather than worrying about it and thinking I had to handle it myself.

So that’s my message for today.  Yes, it’s kind of short, but that’s it.  If there’s something bothering you, pray about it.  Then let it go.  God heard your prayer.  Trust God to answer your prayer, in God’s way and at God’s time.  And trust that God’s ways and God’s timing are always the best.

It may not always be easy to do that.  But when we do, we’ll feel better.  We’ll be at peace, trusting that God will handle the situation, and confident that God will handle it better than we would have.

Trust God.  And have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment