Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A Skit About Perfection


Interviewer:  I’m here with a person you won’t meet every day.  This is someone who claims to be absolutely perfect.

Perfect:  Actually, that’s not correct.  I don’t claim to be absolutely perfect.  I am absolutely perfect.

Interviewer:  I see.  Would you tell us your name, please?

Perfect:  Yes.  My name is Pat Johnston.  Which is, of course, the perfect name.

Interviewer:  Okay.  Where do you live?

Perfect:  Austin, Texas.  Which is, of course, the perfect place to live.

Interviewer:  And what do you do for a living?

Perfect:  I’m a writer.  Which is, of course, the perfect job.

Interviewer:  Uh-huh.  So tell us some other things about you that are perfect.

Perfect:  Well, everything.  My looks, for example.  I’m the perfect height, have the perfect build, and my face is completely perfect.

Interviewer:  I’m not sure I can go along with that…

Perfect:  Well, that just shows that you’re not perfect.  If you were, you’d be able to see that everything I said is true, because I am perfect.

Interviewer:  And what else is perfect about you?

Perfect:  There’s my family.  I have the perfect spouse, and we have perfect children.  We also live in a perfect house in a perfect neighborhood.

Interviewer:  So tell me, have you always been perfect?  Is it something you’re born with?

Perfect:  Oh, no.  When I was a kid, I was not perfect at all.  My mother might tell you that I was, but I really wasn’t.

Interviewer:  Then how did you become perfect?

Perfect:  It was a number of years ago, when I accepted Jesus Christ as the Savior.

Interviewer:  What?

Perfect:  That’s how it happened.  You see, on my own, I’m obviously not perfect at all.  I’ve got all kinds of things wrong with me.  But then I heard about Jesus.  He died for us.  If we believe in him, our sins are forgiven.  And not only are they forgiven, they’re wiped out.  It’s like they never existed.  When we accept Jesus Christ as the Savior, he does away with our imperfections and makes us perfect, even when we’re not.

Interviewer:  A fascinating story.  So thank you, Pat Johnston…

Perfect:  By the way, you could be perfect, too, you know.

Interviewer:  What?

Perfect:  Sure.  If you accept Jesus as the Savior, you can be perfect just like I am.  I’ll be happy to talk to you about it.

Interviewer:  Let’s do that.  This is your reporter, sending you back to your regularly scheduled worship service.


No comments:

Post a Comment