Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A Poem About Loving Your Neighbor


The man asked “Who is my neighbor?”
And I wonder about that, too.
I’m looking for a loophole
To avoid what I should do.

I want to love my neighbor.
Well, at least sometimes I do.
But there are certain people
I’d like to take out of view

There’s the person who’s annoying
The one who did me wrong
There’s one who I trusted who hurt me
The one who just doesn’t belong

I know I need to work on this
I promise that I will
And there are times I really try
And yet I fall short still

It seems, no matter how I try
My love is not complete
And I am tempted to give up
And just concede defeat

But then I remember what Jesus said
That it’s what I need to do
It’s how to inherit eternal life
A life that’s never through

It just does not seem possible
And for me maybe it’s not
But with God all things are possible
That’s the God I’ve got

If I just do my best to love
Up to the extent I can
God’s love will come and do the rest
That’s all part of his plan

God’s love added to my love
Is all the love required
And when that thought comes to my mind
I’m once again inspired

Let’s all give all the love we can
Let’s always do our best
And know that we can trust in God
God’s love will do the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment