Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

Steppin' Out with Pastor Jeff: The Return

            You may remember that last year, over the summer, the Gettysburg church ran a fundraising campaign called “Steppin’ Out with Pastor Jeff” to raise money for the Gettysburg church addition.  We raised over six thousand dollars for the addition this way.  So, we’re doing it again!

            Here’s how it works.  As part of the conference’s wellness program, I wear a pedometer.  This measures the number of steps I take every day.  I plug the pedometer into a computer every once in a while, and they computer tells me how many steps I’ve taken each day.

            So, here’s the fundraiser.  We’re asking people to pledge an amount of their choosing for every thousands steps I take from Memorial Day (the unofficial start of summer) through Labor Day (the unofficial end).  All the money raised will go to the Gettysburg construction fund.

            To give you an idea of how much to pledge, the computer said that last summer I averaged about 9,300 steps per day.  The calendar tells me that there are about one hundred days between Memorial Day and Labor Day.  So, here’s a handy chart, based on me staying on that pace of 9,300 steps per day:

Pledge per thousand steps                                          Total pledged for the summer

$0.01                                                                           $9.30

$0.10                                                                           $93.00

$0.50                                                                           $465.00

$1.00                                                                           $930.00

$5.00                                                                           $4,650.00

$10.00                                                                         $9,300.00

$20.00                                                                         $18,600.00

$50.00                                                                         $46,500.00

$100.00                                                                       $93,000.00

$200.00                                                                       $186,000.00

            Your choices are not limited to the amounts listed, of course.  You can pledge any amount you choose.  We’ll be handing out a pledge sheet in the Gettysburg church, but of course, pledging is strictly voluntary.  We’re also not limiting pledges to the Gettysburg church.  If someone from Onida or Agar wants to make a pledge to the Gettysburg construction fund, it will be gratefully accepted.  If someone who does not live in this area happens to be reading this and wants to make a pledge, we’ll gratefully accept that, too.


            I’ll give frequent updates on my steps on facebook.  I’ll also give you reports every Sunday in church and monthly in the newsletter.  You can help me get more exercise (which I certainly need), get into better shape (which I also need), and support the Gettysburg church addition.  I hope everyone will Step Out with Pastor Jeff this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment