Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Topday Show


I do a lot of typing. And, of course, the fact that I use the word “typing” shows my age. Nobody learns “typing” any more, because nobody uses a typewriter any more. They learn “keyboarding” and they do it on a keyboard. But I digress.

I'm a fast typist. Unfortunately, I'm not an accurate typist. I make a lot of typos. Sometimes I don't catch them and they make it into my posts, which is a bit embarrassing.

It occurs to me that even though nobody learns “typing” any more, our mistakes are still called “typos”. I've never heard anyone say they made a “keyboardo”. I guess typo is just shorter and easier. But I digress, again.

As with most people, there are certain typos I make over and over again, usually because my fingers aren't positioned quite right. One of them is “topday”. I mean to type “today”, but there are a lot of times I hit both the “o” and the “p” at the same time. For some reason, it never comes out “tpoday”. It always comes out “topday”. One time, after I did that, though, it struck me that “topday” is actually better than “today”.

Think about it. “Today” sounds average, boring, humdrum. “Today” is just wherever we happen to be and whatever we happen to be doing at the present moment. There's nothing special about it. “Today” could be anything. It might be good. It might be bad. It might be neither. “Today” is no big deal.

But “topday”? “Topday is special. “Topday” is good. In fact, “topday” is awesome. Nothing is higher than the top. So a “topday” is as good as it gets. A “topday” is great, wonderful, incredible. It just doesn't get any better than a “topday”.

All of us have days that seem routine. If that's how it feels to you today, don't have a “today”. Have a “topday”. Make tomorrow a “topday”, too. In fact, try to make every day a “topday”. You might find out that it makes quite a difference in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment